So, here’s one giant step toward summer.
Lobster Shack — the seasonal popup at Oakdale’s View restaurant — returns to its dockside glory on April 23.
Serving up their famous lobster roll and aargh-uably the best rum punch on Long Island, the shack’s menu also boasts a raw bar and features an array of go-to land and sea appetizers and entrees.
That raw bar, by the way, puts out a lineup of Little Neck Clams, Fire Island Oysters and Ahi Tuna Poke Tacos, among other big hitters.
Lobster Shack offers indoor and outdoor dining, along with dockside and curbside pickup, takeout and delivery options. Dining in of course comes with breathtaking views of the Great South Bay every day of the week.
What’s new? View has installed a brand-new louvered awning that can open or close the roof to keep the sun off discerning diners.
Spring hours at the Lobster Shack:
Monday – Wednesday • noon – 8 p.m.
Thursday – Saturday • noon – 9 p.m.
Sunday • 11 a.m. – 8 p.m.
Important Happy Hour stuff
Here’s what you need to know about Lobster Shack’s happy hour, which was just what the therapist ordered last summer after a 2020 spring of quarantine.
• Happy hour is 3:30-6:30 p.m., Monday to Friday.
• Well drinks, the house wine and draught beer are all half-price.
• Select appetizers are just SEVEN – FREAKIN’ – BUCKS. They include Ahi Tuna Poke Tacos, Kogi Korean BBQ Baby Back Ribs, Tempura Shrimp Lollipops and Tuscan Burrata.
• You still need to buy food in order to indulge in adult beverages.
• Happy hour deals are only available when you hunker down at the bar.
• Stick around after happy hour. New York’s bar and restaurant curfew stretches to midnight, as of April 19.
The Lobster Shack will not accept reservations, and dock slips are available on a first come, first serve basis. View is located at 3 Consuelo Place in Oakdale.
Ahh, the View