The CM Performing Arts Center this holiday season is giving cheer-thirsty families across Long Island the chance to experience Santa Claus’ North Pole.
The Oakdale theatre‘s “North Pole Experience” is looking to go the whole nine yards toward tapping into the imaginations of children, young and old. Their “first-class ticket to the Holiday Magic capital of the world” includes a visit to Santa’s Workshop, face-time with Santa’s friends and helpers, and a one-on-one greeting with Big St. Nick himself.
Visitors will also spend time in the Cookie & Candy Kitchen, the Gift Wrapping department, the Winter Wonderland forest and the North Pole International Post mailroom. After writing a letter to Santa in the mailroom, children can board Santa Claus’ sleigh.
The fun starts this Saturday, Nov. 21, with visitor slots available on Fridays and Saturdays through Dec. 20. The experience will also be open on Sunday, Dec. 20.
The theatre is employing health and safety protocols due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic — including Santa Claus wearing a clear plastic face covering during non-photo interactions.
North Pole tour guides will carry cameras to capture each visitor’s experience. The theatre has silver and gold family packages available for its “North Pole Experience.”
The $99 Silver Package includes the following:
- Admission for up to three children (each additional child is $29).
- Free admission for adults — including parents and grandparents.
- Personal North Pole tour guide and photographer.
- Visits to each of the experience’s scenic North Pole rooms.
- One-on-one visit with Santa Claus.
- Personalized letter from Santa delivered to your home.
- A digital photo package that includes six retouched photos.
The $199 gold package includes the following:
- All silver package features (additional children are $59 each).
- Craft time with Mrs. Claus.
- Cookies and milk at North Pole Cookie Café.
- A gift from Santa
- A voicemail from Santa following your visit to the North Pole.
- Video slideshow montage.
- A digital photo package that includes 12 retouched photos.
The theatre has implemented the following procedures related to COVID-19:
- All guests will complete a health screening survey before entering the “North Pole Experience,” confirming they do not have any respiratory or related symptoms. Families will be given the opportunity to re-book their experience (as scheduling allows) if any member of their party is not feeling well.
- All guests must attest that they have not traveled internationally or to a location on New York state’s travel advisory list within the 14 days prior to their visit.
- All guests will have their temperature taken upon arrival.
- Masks or acceptable face coverings must be worn at all times during the visit. However, masks may be removed when taking photos, while socially distant from CM Performing Arts Center staff.
- Theatre staff and performers will wear masks or acceptable face coverings at all times.
- Santa will wear a clear plastic face covering during non-photo interactions. He’ll be separated by a plastic partition for photos.
The CM Performing Arts Center is located at 931 Montauk Highway in Oakdale.